Search Community

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

At the end of 2015, ResponsiveAds recently added the libraries of GSAP into its Fluid HTML5 Ad Studio-  NARRATOR Studio.

Now ResponsiveAds STRETCH Ad units are the first fluid HTML5 units to have the advanced features of GreenSock.

Check out some of these implementations:

post-37935-0-86753800-1452124223_thumb.png

ResponsiveAds has been developing and innovating in the fluid banner space now for several years and looking for partners and developers to work with on projects specifically related to Greensock integrations.

If you are interested in working with us on some killer projects (part or full-time), please feel free to reach out to me personally.

Matthew G. Snyder, CEO/Head of Product.

mgs@responsiveads.com

• Like 3

Interesting!

I always thought those Guardian placements were an in-house thing? My agency has normally just supplied assets and directions of how we wanted it to expand/collapse, but actually having some GSAP animation features in there is definitely interesting!

• Like 1

Very nice!

Its good to see the one size fit all setup rather then building a variety of creatives for each placement.

Some interesting calculations to make the animation work at any width.

Good to see the full potential of html with the use of GSAP!

What's the browser cutoff, I'm assuming IE10? 

• Like 1

Dev-kp,

Browser cut-offs for the ResponsiveAds Narrator product depends on the capabilities.

We officially support for dynamic fluid creatives down to IE8 ( however shortly discontinued)

and have an option for fallbacks ( LCD- Least common demoninator images)  for obscure browsers, placements 

and anything less than IE8.

This has been one of the challenges in the past with HTML5, but lately as all browsers go to modern specs 

the fallback concept is not that relevant.

• Like 1

Indeed it is interesting. This idea of more fluidity on the ads themselves is a no-brainer, in my opinion.

I would also say it is not surprising that the stablished ad platforms are lacking behind this, if only, because they have already such a large infra-structure already in place based on a fixed sized file format (.swf).

Really hope your company, ResponsiveAds, will rock some foundations, push the bar up further and help disseminate the idea of more interactive experiences. Having said that, I wonder if do you offer more than just stretching ads? As in, say I were to build an banner that would take the container's size and adapts itself to it - animation included. So, I only build one banner but you would serve it on several different placements - 300x250, 160x600, 970x250. Is that something you can handle?

• Like 1

DipsCom,

Thanks... We already have :)

Yes,  "STRETCH" is our term used for "Fluid Any Size Responsive HTML5 Ads" 

1. You can use the editor to start with a blank canvas to create a Responsive Creative or upload a photoshop file.

We are looking at other uploads as well. 

2. Attach or select any of the Responsive Ad Formats you want for a Responsive Creative 

They can be single HTML5, or one banner with these different 300x250, 160x600, 970x250 placement sizes.

They can be fixed sizes and just "swap" based on the placements from the 1st party or agency ad server ( e.g. DFP, DFA, etc..) 

or even have transitions between them like in this case and this partner.

http://times-herald.com

3. The GSAP libraries are accessible and hosted on our CDN so you can use them to manipulate them via our JS editor.

We are looking for feedback to make this better and will be working on this in 2016.  It was really the first step for us.

4. Then with the fluid layout and all the elements in the responsive creative and the GSAP effects.

Let us know if you need anything more. 

Regards,

Team Responsive 

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

ResponsiveAds has new features coming to its product shortly and looking for a couple of beta users, partners skilled in Greensock animation.

Ping us at  greensock@responsiveads.com  if you are interested in part-taking this (gorilla testing) trial. 

Warm Regards,

Matthew

• Like 1