Search Community
Ihatetomatoes test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

A few days earlier I know, but I am off to the beach tomorrow.

I wanted to say a big THANK YOU to the awesome GreenSock team.

Thank you for all the new features, plugins and the incredible amount of work put into the GSAP tools that make our lives so much easier.

Also a big thanks to everyone contributing to this forum for helping newbies and pros getting to know GSAP, brainstorming ideas and for simply being so helpful every time.

https://ihatetomatoes.net/happy-new-year/

Happy new year.

Petr

• Like 9

Echo all that, sadly without being able to deliver a kickass GSAP powered New Years animation. :)

Been a great year for the platform though, I really think the seeds are firmly planted for a lot of growth next year. My continued thanks to all the members and mods who have been so generous with their time in helping us poor mortals out. :) 

I hope one day I can pay it back in helping up others. Have a good one!

• Like 3

Thanks for the kind note, Petr. I couldn't agree more about how great it is to see everyone contributing in these forums. Jack and I simply could not do it alone and its really cool to see all the fresh ideas (and challenges) that everyone brings to the table. I learn something new every day.

Hope you have a fantastic 2016 and that many more people learn GSAP from your videos!

Carl

• Like 2

Thanks Carl and Jack, I just realized that I haven't included a link to the short video from "The Making of the Happy New Year demo".

It is completely irrelevant, but I am curious what do you think about the background music? It's custom made and I will be using in it in my future YouTube videos.

Cheers

Petr

• Like 1

The music is energetic, and well composed, just like you  :-o Very good for using it in an intro/goodbye wave.

One aside: Dim (better: stop) the music when you're talking to the audience. I find it very annoying listening to a voice that is disturbed by background noise.

And I'm also interested in the question OsuBlake asked: How many hours did it take you?

Keep up the great work!

Thanks for the music feedback everyone.

Q: How many days did it take you to make that?

A: 3 weeks from start to finish (4 days/week)

The 3 weeks included:

- front-end coding, plus a few hours or cleaning up and setting up the artboard in Illustrator

- a few feedback rounds and tweaking the animation based on user feedback

- recording, editing of the video

- playing with different styles of fireworks explosions (2-3 days), way too much time but it was fun :)

All in all I am happy with the result and definitely learned a few new things about GSAP, SVG and animation.

More tuts and demos based on this animation to come on my blog and YouTube channel.

• Like 1