Search Community

Centering an animation on a selected element

dwyermt test
Moderator Tag

Go to solution Solved by Shaun Gorneau,

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

This is my first post, so excuse the newb question. I want to select a div element (box), and when I click on my animate button, I want the animation to play on top of that element. Until now, I've just been animating static animations and have almost no experience with javascript. Is there a simple solution for this?

See the Pen EPPvyP by dwyermt (@dwyermt) on CodePen

Hi dwyermt  :),

Welcome to the forums.

I wasn't quite sure what you meant, but is this what you're looking to accomplish?

See the Pen mVVBEo by PointC (@PointC) on CodePen

If that's what you need, you just have to put your SVG inside the box. Your SVG animation expands out of its viewBox so I had to set the overflow to visible otherwise it gets cut off a bit.

If I misunderstood what you needed, could you please expand a bit on what you'd like to accomplish? 

Happy tweening. :)

• Like 3

PointC, almost, but for example, I want to click on the first box, then click my animate button. The animation will then play on the first box. But if I click on the second box, the animation will play in the second box instead of the first.