Search Community

GSAP TweenMax news ticker - NON-Flash

flash08 test
Moderator Tag

Go to solution Solved by PointC,

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

I need to do a small "news ticker" type animation - it would just consist of text scrolling along a single line. I spent a considerable amont of time looking around for somethig like this, and all of the references I found were either old Flash-based things, or jQuery code that is many years old.

Is there a simple way to use Tweenmax to create a horizontal text scroller?  Ideally, I'd like it to just use a bunch of <li> elements as sequential text scrolls.

TIA!

PS - @flash08

When you read these answers, you should also read this thread:

http://greensock.com/forums/topic/10357-text-news-ticker-animation-is-not-smooth/

It has a good discussion of getting the ticker to run smoothly in all browsers. In particular, you'll see Jonathan has set the z rotation on his pen to 0.01 to help with this.

:) 

• Like 3

• 1 year later...
  • Carl changed the title to GSAP TweenMax news ticker - NON-Flash

You could change the duration by changing the 30 into 60.

Once the tween is created you can change the duration() or timeScale() but you need to create a reference to the tween like:

var t = TweenMax.to('.topics',30,{x:-topics.offsetWidth,repeat:-1,ease:Linear.easeNone});
t.timeScale(0.5)

//or
//t.duration(60);

• Like 1