Search Community

Calendar with 12 different timelines/steps. Not sure which way is correct.

dbj test
Moderator Tag

Go to solution Solved by Diaco,

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hello, I've been trying to make this calendar pen that has a different timeline for each month, and the user can click through the months and see the different animations.

At first I tried creating a separate timeline for each month, and calling it from the master timeline, but then I was having problems with tweening between two timelines and being able to reverse.

So I found out that I should rather be using one timeline with 12 markers, and using tweenFromTo to switch between them.

As you can see from my demo I'm not there yet... but I might be pretty close. I know it has to do with me being terrible at "clever" JavaScript but I'm a designer-trying-to-code kinda guy, so be gentle!

Am I close with my code, or is there a much better way that I'm not figuring out?

Thanks,

David

See the Pen right by dbj (@dbj) on CodePen