Search Community

onRepeat Not Firing

OneManLaptop test
Moderator Tag

Go to solution Solved by Carl,

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

I'm going to assume I've missed something I'll be blushing for in a few minutes, but I've been banging my head against this and just can't work it out. All I am attempting to do, is call a function via the onRepeat callback when it is applied to a tween in a yoyo repeat state.

I've tried numerous variations of the code and can confirm that if I use onComplete, the callback works, and if I use onRepeat on the timeline rather than a tween, then that also works but that's no use to me as I need to call multiple callbacks on separate tweens.

I'm sure this is something very simple but for the life of me I can't work it out, if people could check out the codepen and let me know what's wrong, that would be great.

See the Pen VvJOMQ?editors=001 by OneManLaptop (@OneManLaptop) on CodePen

• Solution

thanks for the demo, very helpful.

onRepeat callbacks will only be applied if the tween also has a repeat property like so:

tl.to('div',2,{
    y:100, 
    ease:Elastic.easeOut.config(1.1, 0.4),
    repeat:1,
    onRepeat:testTwo
  });

http://codepen.io/GreenSock/pen/xwvGyL?editors=001

you weren't telling your tweens how many times they should repeat and thus they weren't repeating and the callback had no need to execute.

an onRepeat callback on a tween is completely un-related to what happens when the timeline repeats.

Hopefully this helps. 

If you need some other behavior, please let us know.

• Like 3