Search Community

Will there be a GSAP for Unity in the future?

Ringo test
Moderator Tag

Go to solution Solved by GreenSock,

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

• Solution

We've actually heard this sentiment from quite a few Unity developers. Unfortunately, we're not familiar enough with Unity to deliver a solid solution. Plus we've got our hands full with all the HTML5/JS stuff. Tons of ideas for pushing things forward. But I really appreciate the question and I'm thrilled to hear that you like GSAP so much. I wish I had a more favorable answer for you regarding Unity support. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

@GreenSock_team, 

Looking at Ringo's question, I realised that I often have these urges to use GSAP capabilities in other software not related to HTML/ JS stuff. I mean like bad urges!!!!!

In my case I wished, not to long ago, to have GSAP superpowers in Newteks Lightwave3D application. As I'm currently doing 3d animation in there I found moments I could have staggered the hell out of things and sequence amazing animations which only lives in my mind, the GSAP way. Even thought you have so much control and complexity in any given 3D application just having these GSAP superpowers would improve workflows like it's nobodies business. 

You see what you've done to us Greensock? :) 

ps. Unity coding can be done using C# and Javascript. But that's where my knowledge ends to.

• Like 2

Warning: this looks like a pretty clear violation of GreenSock's terms of use, so you might want to tread carefully. They charge thousands of dollars yet I don't think they have a GreenSock license. I'm not sure if there is other IP inside they're framework that's being misused. We'll reach out to them and see if we're misunderstanding something. 

If they were giving their stuff away for free, it'd be totally cool if they used GSAP. In fact, we'd encourage it. But it looks like they've got a different model in place. 

• 7 months later...

Bump for interest. Has anyone used GSAP in UnityScript? It seems like it would work, at least to some extent. I know some of the features probably wouldn't work, but I figure the basic tweening of object properties should work. We were thinking about developing a project in Unity at work, and we're still looking at options for how animation actually works.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...