Search Community

"findShapeIndex.js" missing from download

alistair test
Moderator Tag

Go to solution Solved by Carl,

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hiya Greensock,  I am having trouble finding the "findShapeIndex.js" file after becoming a club greensock member and downloading the files.

I am also wondering if there is a .zip file with a working example of the "morph svg" plugin. I find the ones on code pen good but sometimes hard to replicate locally as the <head> info etc has to be re-created locally. And I think I am missing something when I try to get this to work.

Hi alistair :),

I don't think the findShapeIndex.js file is in the downloads. (at least it's not in my downloads either)

Per the docs page: You can load findShapeIndex() from: https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/s.cdpn.io/16327/findShapeIndex.js

You can grab any of the codepens featuring the morph plugin by clicking on the lower right button that says export and save it as a zip file so you can try them locally.

I hope this helps.

• Like 4

• Solution

Hi Alistair, 

Welcome to the forums and the club!

PointC is correct, the findShapeIndex.js tool isn't an official part of GSAP at the moment. It's just a handy utility that is a bit experimental at the moment. 

When looking at any CodePen demo there is an "export" button in the bottom right of the page. That will allow you to downlad a zip of the demo with a very proper html structure. Once you do that you just need to make sure that the <script> tag that loads MorphSVGPlugin is pointing to your version that you downloaded. 

Please let us know if you need any more assistance.

• Like 3