Search Community

MorphSVG crashing browsers! (Turns out it was InkScape produced SVGs causing an issue)

padders test
Moderator Tag

Go to solution Solved by Diaco,

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hi, 

I'm having some problems with MorphSVG. The latest version seems to be crashing every browser other than Internet Explorer 11 (which works, amazingly!) with a little morph I've made. (Chrome, Firefox and Opera all crash)

I'm not sure If I've done something wrong, if inkscape has created a slightly dodgy svg file, or if it's a bug in the latest version of MorphSVGPlugin. I can't get any error data as it totally kills the browser tab.

It was working in the version of MorphSVGPlugin dated 13/10/2015, but it wasn't setting the shapeIndex correctly on the A's in my morph, nor was setting that value making any difference to the resultant morph when I changed shapeIndex manually. I decided to use your codepen to check I was doing it correctly so forked it and the crashing behaviour started. Since then I've updated my local copy of the plugin (dated 21/10/2015) and it's now crashing in everything other than IE on my webpage too. 

Does anyone know what's going on?

Note that the latest version now sets the shapeIndex correctly (at least in IE, I can't see the others as they crash), so that behaviour seems to have been caused by the older version of the plugin I was using.

Cheers,

Paul

See the Pen xwQJbE by padders1980 (@padders1980) on CodePen