Search Community

GSAP in Celtra

mramsey test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hey all, I asked this question on an earlier thread, only to realize it was a poll. So here it goes again: 

I'm new to using the Celtra platform and know very little JS (more a designer but very familiar with GS for Flash). Is there anyway you can send me the code block that you inserted into the Execute JS event to get you up and running with GSAP In Celtra. Do you add it to the screen you're on, or on a Frame Div? I've tried many options, watched the Custom Development webinar and I still can't seem to get it to work. 

Thank you in advance!

Marc

Welcome, mramsey. I actually had never even heard of Celtra before. After Googling, I just found their web site and now I see what you're talking about. I have never used it, but your question definitely sounds like one that you should ask the Celtra folks. I wish I had a better answer for you, but I just have zero experience with Celtra. Have you asked them? If you get an answer, we'd love to have you post back here so that others can find it. 

Hey, I have used Celtra in the past. I am not sure what their current policy is but at least last year they did not support it.

They do not really prevent you from using it in their platform but it is a bit of a convoluted way to get it running. I don't actually remember if there was a workaround at the time.

If my memory does not fail me, you will have to build your ad inside their iFrame component, have it call GSAP from there.

The drawback, at the time, was that you could not access anything that was outside the iFrame, any of their components or responsive tools.

Hopefully, they have changed their position but, back then, their response was that they were not planning in supporting any external libraries because of the cost of testing in all their supported devices.

• Like 3

I something like this almost a year ago now, but from what I can remember, what you had to do was:

Load the JS using and DIV/iFrame component like this:

function successFunction() {
	console.log('animate something');
}

function failFunction(){
	console.error('TweenMax failed to load');
}

loadJS('https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/gsap/1.18.0/TweenMax.min.js', successFuction(), failFunction());

The thing I found the hardest was trying to target the correct elements.

You can of course load the library in before everything else using the Execute JS action in the timeline editor panel.

Thanks everyone. 

I met with them last week and they are going to have their development team take a deeper look into this. Hopefully they will loosen up a bit and make it easier to connect their platform to GSAP. I'll post again when I hear back from them.

Thanks,

Marc

• Like 1