Search Community

twenlite affecting performance on papervision

pier test
Moderator Tag

Hi greensockers!

So I have a display object 3d with a bunch of cubes in it.

On the enter frame event, where the render goes, I do this:

myDo3d.rotationY += 0.1;

It works well until I use a simple alpha tween on a menu button. The rotation slows down, and when the tween finishes it goes faster trying to keep up... Also the tween become less responsive when the do3d is rotating.

It's not a cpu problem because at all times it's below 30%.

I still haven't treid tweener because I'm hard core GS fan and that would feel like a betrayal.....

Any ideas? Thanks!

Tweener performs MUCH slower than TweenLite/Max. http://blog.greensock.com/tweening-speed-test/

Anyway, it's tough to troubleshoot blind, but keep in mind that alpha is particularly CPU-intensive for Flash to render. Try setting your object to 50% alpha (no tween) and see if you still notice problems.

PV3D is very processor-intensive, and just because your CPU doesn't read more than 30%, that doesn't mean it's not spiking one of the processors. For example, Flash may not be able to make use of multiple cores, so if it's completely saturating one of your cores and you have 4 cores, it may only register as 30% overall (100% for the one core plus a bit on the other cores for normal OS-level stuff).