Search Community

Animate array of paths

AdObeOne test
Moderator Tag

Go to solution Solved by AdObeOne,

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Sorry about this basic question but I spent half a day trying to find the answer online.

I replicated the GreenSock DrawSVG example in my web development tool to learn the basics. The circle, rect, ellipse and polyline are animated using an array.

var shapes = $("circle, ellipse, rect, polyline");

Now I want to use paths instead to experiment with more complex shapes. How do I assign a path to an array?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Ad

Based on the information you provided I can only guess that the answer would be

var shapes = $("circle, ellipse, rect, polyline, path");

However, I suspect you need something else, in which case a reduced CodePen demo would be most helpful. 

Please fork one of our demos and replace the SVG with the most basic code required to illustrate the issue. Thanks!

• Like 1

Hi there AdObeOne :),

You just need to assign an ID or a class name to you path(s). You can then add them your other elements that you are animating with DrawSVG.

If you have a look this Greensock CodePen: 

See the Pen jEEoyw by GreenSock (@GreenSock) on CodePen

you'll see that on line 10 of the JS there are multiple classes that are being drawn. Then have a look at the SVG and you'll see those class names assigned to several paths in the SVG.

I hope this helps.

• Like 2

• Solution

Hello PointC and Carl. Thank you both for your reply.

To my great astonishment the code worked when I opened the file today. When I closed the files the last time it did not work. I tried using a class and using an ID for the path, but both did not work. And now, without changing a single character it works.

There's something fishy with DreamWeaver CC. It still complains that Greensock commands in a included javascript file are undefined. Although the code works just fine. Also I noticed that it temporally indicates that files are included of which the names are part of the names that really are included. When I close the html file and reopen it those erroneous files are no longer indicated as being included. Very strange. Time for an update by Adobe. But I guess they're to busy now fixing other products with the big El Capitan problem.