Search Community

MorphSVG result differs from CodePen

Jomungand test
Moderator Tag

Go to solution Solved by Carl,

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hey,

i'm testing with the new MorphSVG. I forked a pen from GreenSock and changed it, everything working fine.

Here is the result: 

If i try to reproduce it in a real life example, but the output looks totally different and i'm totally lost.

The example can be viewed here http://wiederwald.de/exploring/

Would be very thankful for some help.

Best regards

Johannes

See the Pen GpxYjV by JBusch (@JBusch) on CodePen

• Solution

Hi,

it appears your hosted version of MorphSVGPlugin is 0.2.2 but the CodePen version is 0.3.1

Please download MorphSVG again to be sure you are using the latest version.

To find the version number you can either look at the source code or do

console.log(MorphSVGPlugin.version);
  • Like 3

Yep, we're fully aware that it's virtually impossible to prevent someone who really wants to steal the code from doing so, especially as our tools become more and more popular and ubiquitous. We're just trying to be prudent about putting reasonable protections in place, especially because some people may not intend to steal anything but if we put everything out on bower and in our downloads, they may just never realize that they're **supposed** to get a membership to access those. This at least serves as a bit of a speed bump. Oh, and the other difference is that if someone tries to steal them from in the wild, they'll almost surely get the minified version which is technically functional but it's harder to reverse-engineer. Members get the raw source code. If we put stuff on bower and in our downloads, it'd be weird to omit the uncompressed source only for those plugins (and some would surely complain that it messes with their build system).

• Like 2