Search Community

Is animation duration precisely constant?

armen test
Moderator Tag

Go to solution Solved by GreenSock,

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hello greensock community!

I was trying to figure out if the animation duration is constant? The main goal I want to achieve is to ensure that if I make some animation and it takes 5 seconds on my desktop PC, it will take exactly the same 5 seconds on my Iphone safari. I was trying to find source codes of Animation base class and check it from source, but couldn't find it.

Thanks.

Hello armen and welcome to the GreenSock Forum!

GSAP is very performance driven and great at timing. Have a look at this video of some other features built into GSAP for helping with timing on mobile devices vs desktop. Since mobile devices are more prone to CPU spikes.

If you have  any other questions feel free to ask!

:)

• Like 3

• Solution

Jonathan linked to exactly the video I'd choose as well. Just to answer your question directly, yes, GSAP prioritizes very precise timing whereas many other engines allow slippage of time and lose synchronization among animations over time. GSAP doesn't suffer from that issue (as the video will hopefully make clear). 

• Like 1