Search Community

Including CSS

webbyyeah test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hi! I am fairly new to GS, long term flash builder and now converting to HTML5. Will be using GS to make banners to start with. I have been playing with a few tutorials and all seems to work nicely. I completed one on Lynda and it included all the CSS in the html file. Is this a good option to follow? I have seen files built with an external CSS, I just wanted to know why it may be built differently? Have attached the html file. Is it a problem if i build a banner like this and use for DoubleClick? Thanks!

Hello webbyyeah,

In HTML it is always best practice to include your CSS in an external style sheet for better organization and code management making your HTML page very light for faster loading. But If you are delivering this in an AD then it is perfectly acceptance to have your CSS embedded in the head tag via a <style> tag, so you can have all your JS and CSS all in one HTML page. This way you don't have to worry about external assets and server requests as somnamblst advised above.

:)