Search Community

Responsive Scrollmagic/GSAP

davegrant test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

I've been attempting to create what would first appear as a simple parallax-style scrolling page using TweenMax and scrollmagic, however making it work responsively has proved difficult.

Essentially, what i'm after is for a page to load with a header image and a h1 title in a 70%/30% split, with the banner position fixed to the top of the page, resizing to 50% window height as the page scrolls and the h1, being pulled up above the header image and fading to 0 opacity. Once the header image hits 50% window height, it should unpin and the rest of the content should scroll up to a negative offset, just overlapping the header image, and then scroll as normal.

Difficult to explain textually so the codepen referenced is annotated and should explain things better. I've tried everything I can think of here but after the first scene ends, the pin-spacer's min height adjusts itself for reasons i can't figure out and then won't return to it's previous value on reversing scroll. I suspect aligning the lower header with javascript isn't best but CSS didn't work much better either.

Any and all ideas are really appreciated.

Thanks

See the Pen EVvwzm by digitalpencil (@digitalpencil) on CodePen