Search Community

HTML5 Localconnection

izorgor test
Moderator Tag

Go to solution Solved by EmreSakarya,

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hello guys,

I was wondering if there is any solution for the localconnection between two html5 iframes for the wallpaper format of a banners ? I saw that adform has one as well as many other 3rd party services but they all, of course, are requiring using their services in order to use the localconnection. 

So, is there any script for that yet ? 

I started to write my own but it would be helpful to see if someone has made any progress on this.

Thanks

I think part of the issue is that ads that use Local Connect, are classified as Rich Media. Rich Media is the province of Rich Media vendors, partially because there is an issue of trust. Ad serving software will flag domains that are not on the list of trusted vendors. I created a simple fade between images 320x50 that was rejected by ad software (DFP) because the domain the images were served from was not on the list of trusted vendors. In a previous ad software vendor, that practice did fly (Adtech//Helios) so your mileage may vary.

Yeah, got it. 

My situation is kinda different. We have internal custom adServer in the company and we always host our resources on our servers. So what I need basically is local connection between two iframes. 

The idea is that each of the HTML (for example superbanner.html and skyscrapper.html) will sent the message to the each other`s iframe. And I will play each ad only when both receive the message from the other one. 

I already wrote a script for that, just working on some adjustments. I will share once its 100% working, it might be useful to someone here or maybe someone will have better idea. 

• 6 months later...