Search Community

Downside to running a timeline for 24/hrs?

DennisSmolek test
Moderator Tag

Go to solution Solved by Carl,

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

I'm doing work on kiosk applications that have content that needs to change on a schedule. Think breakfast in the morning, lunch around noon, and after 5 dinner. 

We use GSAP on a bunch of other pieces and part of me wondered if there would be considerable issues with having a timeline run all day. 

I figure we use .addCallback() to fire a function at whatever time we want. 

The only other way is to do a setInterval() and have it check for registered callbacks in a time frame, both seem like they could have memory issues but the GSAP has a much nicer API...

• Solution

Hi and welcome to the GreenSock forums,

I can't say I've tested a 24hr timeline but I have no reason to think you would have any issues using one for that type of scheduling.

We also have TweenLite.delayedCall() which is basically a much more reliable version of setInterval and it runs of TweenLite's ticker so all calls are perfectly synchronized with any other scheduled animations. 

[docs id=js.TweenLite.delayedCall()" linkText="delayedCall docs]

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...