Search Community

Should I use a static image fallback? Banner won't function in IE.

briansen test
Moderator Tag

Go to solution Solved by briansen,

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hey guys,

I'm creating some banners for a client but running into issues with compatibility.

The banner functions as planned in FF and Chrome, however in IE the Canon logo just site in the middle of the frame, with no animation. I've looked online and found some people complaining about IE issues with CSS animations, however it's usually transforms they can't get to work. All I'm using is fades, minus one button adjusting the y axis.

Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong? I'm not that well versed in GSAP.

CodePen: 

Thanks in advance!!

See the Pen OypmrM by anon (@anon) on CodePen

When I compare IE to Chrome, I see differences in the position of the image container. The bottom 100 or more pixels of your images are outside the boundaries of your ad. it appears the position of the Canon logo is relative to the vertical space created by the much lower image placement.

• Like 1

• Solution

Thanks for your replies, guys, I actually found out what was going on.

simply forgot to declare a height for the canon banner, which was 30px. After I told the banner to be 30px high, it revealed all of the other content behind it. Now that being aid, it doesn't work in IE9, but I'm done trying to accommodate IE9.

Thanks again!