Search Community

I need help troubleshooting GSAP, IE11 on Windows and YouTube Player

Dipscom test
Moderator Tag

Go to solution Solved by Jonathan,

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

I am having feedback from different sources telling me that autoAlpha is not doing its job when working with the YouTube player.

I am very skeptical of it but cannot replicate it as the claim is for IE11 on Windows7 and Windows8 - I am on Windows10 and was foolish enough to convert my older laptop into a Linux only box...

The codepen is as bare bones as I can possibly make, due to the extra components needed to test this very particular scenario. At the moment I am really just looking to get a confirmation whether this is really happening or not.

Anybody out there has a machine with Windows 7 and can verifty this for me?

Many thanks.

See the Pen wKJGxG by dipscom (@dipscom) on CodePen

• Solution

Hello Dipsom,

I just tested you example on PC Windows 7 (64-bit) and on latest updated IE11 and i see your video fade in. after page load.

Just to give you a heads up, but you probably know of it already! But Google came out with a new YouTube video API, that is really a big improvement from their flash and javascript video player API

https://developers.google.com/youtube/iframe_api_reference

But again i saw your video fade in.. i even tried extending the fade and it faded in as expected on load. :)

• Like 2

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for that. Like I said, I was and still am very skeptical of that claim. But while I can't replicate it, I can't know for sure.

And you are quite right as to the new API, but, unfortunately, this is for a banner ad and I was instructed to use this old API to my shock an horror. But hey, such is life.

Let's leave this as being marked as not a bug.

• Like 2