Search Community

DoubleClick Rich Media CDN

Dipscom test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

I know there is a DoubleClick CDN topic but because Google has too many little rules for their different ad platforms, I thought I would make this topic especifically for their Rich Media account as the other CDN topic seem to focus more on their Campaign Manager details.

So, carl help us here, please:

Like you said, I am getting in touch to let you know DCRM has rejected one of our ads because we linked to GSAP via the CDN you guys provide.

For now, the client is getting very twitchy so I am going to drop the library in and reference it locally but if you have a contact at Google and would like to poke them with that, it would be great.

And, if they have finally sorted out their own CDN for GASP, could you let me know?

Attaching a pic of the rejection report in case it helps you. I had to redact some bits due to client confidentiality.

post-37948-0-58072900-1443086921_thumb.jpg

I've been using the GSAP CloudFlare CDN for every HTML5 banner that I've made so far and have had zero issues with DCRM flagging it. Tbh, in their QA process, you sometimes get some overzealous QA's who are adamant that you can't use it, you could probably just re-publish it and get it approved. Or get the traffic ops involved to green-flag the CDN.

Using external JS files should be fine as long as they are on HTTPS and shouldn't be a QA failure reason.

Ah Joe, I did forget to mention one crutial detail: This is a YouTube masthead placement. And the YouTube masthead placements, in my experience gets all of the overzealous QA engieneer.

Like yourself, up until today, I have had zero issues with the CloudFlare CDN. But today, that happened. So, I thought I would report. Hopefully, Carl's contact will send the memo down to that particular QA department.

I mean, just so you have an idea of the level of pickyness - There's a YouTube logo at the bottom left of the creative, that was also a point of rejection in the QA report. The irony of it. That logo was provided by no other than: YouTube.

• 4 weeks later...

Just built a YouTube Masthead using GSAP and got the same QA failure:

1. Your creative currently loads content from a 4th party. Please ensure files are only hosted on Google, DoubelClick or YouTube owned servers. The following file(s) are currently being loaded from another domain: 

If you have an exception please re-publish this creative to QA with notes. 

To resolve this I loaded GSAP into a folder in the assets library tab: https://s0.2mdn.net/ads/richmedia/studio/12345678 and referencing the library from there instead.

That way its not apart of the banner file weight, and hosted on their servers.

• Like 1