Search Community

Backup gifs for HTML 5 banners, need a fast method.

leedium test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hey peeps quick question.

Often when given creative to produce a banner, we are issue the "master" copy, which usually is a standard 300x250 MPU and or, a 728x90 leaderboard. From these designs we are often expected to create similar animations and layouts based off these mocks. This can grow to be many sizes and versions of the same creative. I currently have 4 sets of creative with 8 sizes(32), and all share the same design with different copy, but I only have PSDS for one set! What is the fastest way of creating backup GIFS from non canvas banners? Snap Z pro worked well will embedded flash objects, but not so much with HTML5. I'm finding it quite painstaking.

Any suggestions or techniques would be great!

Thanks!

Not really GS related, but from what i've done for the past year making banner, the easy/fastest way to do backup gif for me is :

(in a dual screen set up)

- create a doc in photoshop at the size of the banner you need (if i have 4 728x90 ads, all will be in the same doc.

- open all ads on the other screen

- in PS take a screengrab and past at each "frame" you need for the backup gifs (printScreen/Ctr+V)

in seconds you got all the layer, align them all together for the first ads, create the gifs frame,  make a folder with the layer, duplicate and align the new folder to the other ads... (if the ads all share the same "timing" you can do this really fast.)

One time i had to make all the gifs for a campaign with more than 300 variations on the ads, it took me less than an hour with this method.

my2cent

• Like 1

I have to version the same creative for 11 different logos for each size. I have a PSD with smart logos in a folder for all 5 sizes. (300x250, 320x50,160x600, 728x90, 300x600)

Using Edge Animate's timeline, I simply do a screen capture of the end animation, with the logo visibility turned off, and drag that folder of logos into the new document in PS.

Then save for web, 11 times.

PS CC does have a generate feature where you just name each layer with the extension but that is not useful in this situation.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 4 years later...