Search Community

Can I recreate this poly in GSAP?

retropunk test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

I got ahead of myself and did look at caniuse

works great in Chrome...but noone else likes it (FF, IE, Safari)  :)

I havea backup plan but I was wondering if anyone had an idea on how to create a slant like object like this. Using the GSAP lib

(Works in Chrome only)

Do I simply make a rect at the bottom and rotate it slightly, enough so it appears to be a slant but the overflow hidden would cove rit up? No polys?

I've been up for a long time today...forgive the crazy :)

Thanks

- Patrick

See the Pen LVwadW?editors=110 by SnapToPixels (@SnapToPixels) on CodePen

right, I thought SVG too. 

Since I haven't mastered the sprite sheet SVG usage, yet, we are either doing inline or calling an external SVG or 64 bit

http://codepen.io/collection/nxKWpW/

We are slowly building this set of snippets that work excellent in CSS.

I obviously need a break, I'll be back in 30 if your still around I'll show you what I've been up to. ;)

retropunk -- as an alternative to using sprite sheets, you might want to consider saving your SVG data as javascript variables in an external js file.  

In a couple cases we've use an external .js which declares string variables containing SVG data.  

Those js files will cache.  And just like spritesheets you can save on multiple http requests if you have multiple SVG's saved as strings in a single .js file.

• Like 1