Search Community

var syntax (newbie)

Juc1 test
Moderator Tag

Go to solution Solved by dneckles,

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

• Solution

Hi all,

Can anyone please tell me what is wrong with my var syntax?

Thanks...

Nothing is wrong, but you have to include jquery as a library in your code pen..

Click on Settings , then Javascript, second tab i think, then you click on quick add drop down and select Jquery, then your bouncy animation will work...

hope this helps

@alwayz

• Like 3

Nothing is wrong, but you have to include jquery as a library in your code pen..

Click on Settings , then Javascript, second tab i think, then you click on quick add drop down and select Jquery, then your bouncy animation will work...

hope this helps

@alwayz

@alwayz ok it works now, thanks! Can I add jquery by default so I don't have to keep adding it for each new pen? - I can't see where to do that in the codepen settings. 

u2wVarS.jpg

Regarding CodePen, one option is to just create a basic pen like our starter pen: http://codepen.io/GreenSock/pen/hbCir with all the libraries you need and fork it every time you want to start a new one.

FYI if you have a feature request for CodePen, drop CodePen support an email. I have found that they are extremely responsive. I think having a custom "template" pen that is used every time you create a new pen is a solid idea.