Search Community

problem width tweenmax and svg images

donatopellegrino test
Moderator Tag

Go to solution Solved by OSUblake,

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hi guys i realized this simple animation width an svg image;

the square on the top moves automatically and the one on bottom moves right or left depending on what of the two arrows of the keyboard is pushed.

The problem is that i need to stop the moving of the second square when it's in proximity of the margins of the window.

How can i do?

Thank you in advance.

(everything is in the codepen)

See the Pen MaWWXd by Pellegrino (@Pellegrino) on CodePen

Some of them are just native JavaScript methods, like getBoundingClientRect() which returns a rectangle with the top, left, right, bottom, height, and width of an element. Math.min is also a regular JavaScript function.

That _gsTransform thing might be confusing, but it's an object GSAP places on the element with all the current transforms like x, y, rotation, scale, etc. The _gsTransform object is on the actual element and not on the jQuery instance, so I used $("#myElement")[0] to get the actual element from the jQuery object. Also, the _gsTransform object is not available until a transform is applied to element, so that is why I initially set the x value on the hero to 0. 

Open up the console to see some stuff I'm logging out. Maybe that will help explain some things.

See the Pen pjoJge by osublake (@osublake) on CodePen