Search Community

Nested timelines with different align properties

Ahmed Nuaman test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Yes, Diaco is exactly right. Using the position parameter with add() you can place your nested timelines wherever you want.

The align special property of a TimelineLite/Max ONLY applies to tweens that are passed into the timeline's constructor's tweens special property like so

var red = TweenLite.to("#redBox", 1, {x:550}),
    blue = TweenLite.to("#blueBox", 1, {x:550}),
    tl;

tl = new TimelineLite({
  tweens:[red, blue],
  align:"sequence" 
});

http://greensock.com/forums/topic/12297-nested-timelines-with-different-align-properties/

• Like 1

Ok, sorry to be a further pain. So the position parameter sort of helped, let me just explain what I'm trying to do (I've also updated the codepen to illustrate the problem):

I have the main timeline `parentTimeline` and I want the child timelines (in this case `childTimeline1`) to run in parallel once they've been activated by the parent timeline, so:

parentTimeline: 0-----1-----2-----N-----...
childTimeline1:      \0-----1-----2-----N-----....

So essentially the child timelines have a duration of 0 and are only triggered by the parent timeline, but the parent timeline doesn't wait for them. I hope that makes sense.