Search Community

Trigger a light animation after a scrollMagic scene

blippar test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hi everyone,

hope you are fine.

I am getting better and better with scrollMagic / gsap but when I am thinking about doing something simple, it's always giving me a hard time.

I choose to use ScrollMagic with GSAP because I have some sprite to use with a parallax effect. Instead of losing you with too many code lines, go straight to the point,

here is my codepen demo :

In this example you can see a simple square that change to position fixed with new background-color.

The thing is, at the end of the scrolling scene, I want my square to go "slowly" (1seconde animation) at the left of the screen with animation. Then it has to stay "absolute" of section if you continue on scrolling down.

But as you know, if you scroll back you are supposed to have your animation going back, and I am lost about it.

Thank you in advance for reading my post and maybe help me !

See the Pen bdXqzw by anon (@anon) on CodePen

Hi,

Unfortunately we can't give support for 3rd party plugins working on top of GSAP as we need to use our time in GSAP related questions.

What you should do is go to ScrollMagic's github page and start an issue indicating what you need:

https://github.com/janpaepke/ScrollMagic/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen

Perhaps you could set up an onComplete callback in your TweenMax instance.

Also I know that ScrollMagic can reverse it scenes as well, but as I mentioned before you'll have better luck on the repository and the reduced sample you already have will turn out to be very helpful.

Happy Tweening!!

• Like 1