Search Community
JiriCech test
Moderator Tag

Go to solution Solved by Carl,

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hi there,

can someone help me to choose the right license for me? I'm a web developer and I'm going to create a website (with GSAP) for my customers with it's own payment system. Technically, They'll pay me for 1 website (with GSAP) I created for them. That's one-off project and "No charge" license should be enough. However, the payment itself will be initiated on my website and I'll have more than 1 customer.

So is It OK to use the free license?

• Solution

Thanks for posting your question about licensing.

Yes, the "no charge" license is fine for you because you are not re-selling the same product that was built with GSAP to multiple end-users. 

From your description I understand that you are selling your services as a web developer. Multiple people can pay you to build GSAP sites and that is OK. 

As far as using GSAP on a site that initiates payment for your services, there is no problem there either, otherwise any company that used our tools on sites that sold anything would have to pay us. We're proud that the vast majority of commercial (and non-commercial) uses of GSAP do not require a license or any fees. 

Go forth and tween freely!

• Like 1