Search Community

Dynamic content in display ads

cwiens test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Has anyone seen anything about how dynamic content? We were using secure XML flies to dynamically change offers in our swf's. I know there are lots of ways of doing this now with "HTML5" but what is secure and will be allowed is not clear. 

Its really up to the ad serving platform to dictate how they want dynamic content to be served, I would imagine the it would just need to be a HTTPS hosted XML or JSON file.

You could probably go as far as creating a REST API for your shop to call offer information, that way you could put in API keys to authenticate that its one of your banners making the calls.

DoubleClick already has dynamic creatives that support HTML5.

• Like 2

Hi,

In order to add to Joe's great advice it's important to consider the server which you'll get the data and of course if you're using any preloading. If the server is the same as the one that will show the banner to the end user (I can imagine this being a very rare case), it really doesn't matter which format you use. If the server is different and if you or the banner server is using preloading, it's very possible that this is done using an Ajax call, in that case JSON will be the best alternative, because for security reasons JSON is allowed in crossd-origin requests, that is a request from one server to a different one.

That should be the standard way of requesting data but it appears that DC has it's own issues with that:

https://support.google.com/richmedia/answer/2853194?hl=en

I don't know if this is the info Joe is referring to, but is what I was able to find, in the first part of this link there's another link that takes to a introduction video using Dynamic Creative:

https://support.google.com/richmedia/answer/2691686?hl=en

Hopefully Joe or other users could share more info regarding this.

Hope this helps a bit.

• Like 1