Search Community

does it play nice with Ionic?

nicondev test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hi!

I have this new project with Ionic and some custom animations.

Does GSAP plays nice with Ionic/Angular.js?

And is there any chat/clack channel for GSAP?

Would be nice to have one, especially slack which is getting really popular at the moment.

cheers,

Nico

• Like 1

Hi Nico and welcome to the GreenSock forums.

It's quite odd to see so little information regarding GSAP and ionic, seems that most animations are made with $ionicAnimation and ng-animate.

I found this article about another 3rd party animation framework working with ionic:

http://devdactic.com/ionic-with-movejs/

Using that last link as a reference I see no reason why GSAP wouldn't work with ionic. In fact there's a lot of samples of GSAP working with Angular so I don't see any reason to believe that it wouldn't work. All it takes is inject ng-animate to your app and start animating with GSAP. Check Blake's plunkr samples here, you'll find a lot of Angular samples working with GSAP with no issues:

http://plnkr.co/users/OSUblake

I wish I have a better/clearer answer for you, but I've never jumped to the native-app side of the fence, I'm just a simple front end developer, but perhaps other users have more and better information regarding this subject.

Happy Tweening!!

• Like 2

• 5 years later...