Search Community

Do i need to reset timeline? reverse() is triggered.

jesper.landberg test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hi,

So I have this code:

var toggleInfo = function(){
    var info = new TimelineLite();
    $('.info-open').click(function(e){
    e.preventDefault();
    info.to('.info', 0, { css: { className: "-=display-none"}, immediateRender:false});
    info.to('.info', 0, { css: { className: "+=flex"}, immediateRender:false});
    info.from('.info', 0.4, { css: { transform: "scale(0.2) translateZ(0)", opacity: 0 }, ease: Power3.easeOut, force3D: "auto"});
    info.staggerFrom('.about span', 0.4, { css: { transform: "translateY(60px) translateZ(0)", opacity: 0}, ease: Power3.easeOut, force3D: "auto"}, 0.1);
    info.staggerFrom('.contact li', 0.4, { css: { transform: "translateY(-30px) translateZ(0)", opacity: 0}, ease: Power3.easeOut, force3D: "auto"}, 0.1);
    info.from('.info-close', 0.2, { css: { transform: "translateY(-60px) translateZ(0)", opacity: 0}, ease: Power3.easeOut, force3d: "auto"});
    });
    $('.info-close').click(function(e){
    e.preventDefault();
    info.reverse().timeScale(2);
    });
    }

And it works fine the first time i click the triggers. However, when I click "info-open" again after I have clicked "info-close", it fires info.reverse(). This is an overlay im toggling and the first open and close works, but when i want to open it again it only fires the reverse animation thus closing the overlay.

See the Pen MwxwJa by ReGGae (@ReGGae) on CodePen