Search Community

'TimelineLite' is not defined - problems in my code editor

Chris test
Moderator Tag

Go to solution Solved by Ihatetomatoes,

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hello,

I'm pretty new to JS, but worked for many years with Flash AS. One issue I'm running into are Linter problems in my code editor "Brackets". My animation runs fine and Chrome also has no errors. But I really would like to get rid of all these Linter probelms showing up.

I've loaded jquery and TweenMax libraries in my main html file:

<script src="https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.11.3/jquery.min.js"></script>
<script src="https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/gsap/1.17.0/TweenMax.min.js"></script>
<script src="main.js"></script>

In my "main.js" I have:

var videoPanelTl = new TimelineLite();

Now this Linter problem that shows up: "'TimelineLite' is not defined. - W117 -". More problems show up when using "$" , or easing "Back" for example. They all show up as "is not defined". Seems like my JS file doesn't even know that TweenMax has been loaded in the html file? I'm also not getting any code hinting for TweenMax - probably for the same reason.

I've searched for many hours on the internet since it seems a pretty basic question but couldn't figure it out. Is there a way to fix this? I would really appreciate any help.