Search Community

Is it possible use source code to other FREE project?

dalisoft test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hi!

I'm working to new animation engine!

Cross-browser and back to IE8 support for transform (rotate, scale, translate), but it's always uses transform-origin is 50% 50% or 0px 0px! I obtained and installed TweenMax.js CSSPlugin IE8 transform script and works on any transform-origin!

My project is MIT-Licensed.

Is it possible use code on my project free or need BUY license or completely restricted?

Sorry for bad english!

You're asking if you can use our code in your competing animation engine? Sorry, but that wouldn't make much sense for us to allow. We have invested hundreds of hours in the codebase and ongoing support. Please do not use our copyrighted code in your engine. Thanks for asking, though :)

Is there some reason you decided to build your own competing engine instead of using GSAP? Was there something GSAP wasn't doing well for you that we can somehow improve? 

• Like 2

Hi!

Thank you for fast reply!

I not using all code, just rotate transform-origin, but not no use i!

No, GSAP is better all time anyway, i beleive and say in my animation engine page!

I making smaller GSAP-like, my JS size unminified is 100Kb!

My js can do SVG, Canvas, String, Object, DOM Element, Array, Numbers tweening with infinite support ( like { x : y : { z : 5 } } } )!

I used SVG Transform transform-origin fix from (http://www.svgbasics.com/rotate.html and css-tricks.com (now site not working properly))!