Search Community

Possible to have both DOMMouseScroll and touch scrolling?

somnamblst test
Moderator Tag

Go to solution Solved by Diaco,

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

I re-purposed this codepen example by Diaco-ML. Problem is, it does nothing on a mobile device. Is it possible to have it react to both the mousewheel and touch?

$(window).on('mousewheel DOMMouseScroll', function (event) {

See the Pen by search?q=var+box+%3D+%24%28%27.box%27%29%2C+indx+%3D+0%2C+Anim%3B&limit=all&order=popularity&depth=everything&show_forks=false (@search?q=var+box+%3D+%24%28%27.box%27%29%2C+indx+%3D+0%2C+Anim%3B&limit=all&order=popularity&depth=everything&show_forks=false) on CodePen

I'm waiting to do an iframe check. I don't have access at work to a server I can host the iframe file on. All the files are uploaded to Doubleclick Studio including their HTML5 enabler JS files so it would be difficult to separate what is happening from the Doubleclick Studio environment, especially since Doubleclick previews are not just like trafficked ad tags and their Studio previews especially for HTML5 are not all that.

But if you think about it all advertising is loaded to pages via iframes so I am hopeful the iframe trick will work. And we are going to have a session next week with a Doubleclick Creative engineer. I will keep you updated as to what I find out, as I think GSAP for HTML5 ads is going to be really helpful. As of September chrome is going to make all Flash ads click to play.