Search Community

Animating path issues

ochalmers test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hi all,

The problem i'm having is a what appears to be a browser issue (namely firefox, safari). My codepen attached shows the animation I have working (using the fantastic drawSVG plugin and GSAP) at the end of which the raindrops are supposed to animate in their own timelines repeating. Chrome seems to want to animate it perfectly (why can't everyone just use Chrome!? ) but when in Safari and Firefox the paths don't want to translate position, only opacity. 

Any suggestions as to a workaround for this?

Thanks!

Oli

[edit] codepen url removed by moderator [/edit]

First, great animation. Nice work! Thanks for the demo.

Yup, Diaco is exactly right (no surprise), updating to 1.17.0 will have it working in Safari and FF.

Here is a pen for you to use: http://codepen.io/GreenSock/pen/ZGrvwE

In the future instead of pasting the full source of DrawSVGPlugin into the JS planel, please fork one of our pens from: http://codepen.io/GreenSock/pen/ZGrvwE . They use a special version that is less easy for people to steal (Don't worry, I'm sure you didn't know). Thanks!

• Like 1

You guys rule, those responses were so quick, Thanks for the kind comment too Carl.

Firstly - sorry for embedding the plugin, as a member I should have been more aware :)

Secondly - thanks again for the update! Can't believe i'm not using the latest version and the solution was as simple as this. *embarrassed face*

Thirdly - GSAP has officially changed my life. It absolutely kills it, thanks so much for creating this wonderful piece of kit.

Thanks,

Oli

• Like 1

In the future instead of pasting the full source of DrawSVGPlugin into the JS planel, please fork one of our pens 

Not to intrude in this issue, but Carl what do you think about documenting about it somewhere to avoid these issues from popping up (I've done it too obviously)? I would be someone to find value in that kind of thing. Maybe others? Just a thought. Carry on :)

• Like 1