Search Community

Who else codes their work in codepen.. thinking about it?

dneckles test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hi Team,

To help you guys troubleshoot my stuff, I am thinking of building my projects in codepen, then take it off when Im ready.

Obviously I have to figure out to get around the fact that its sensitive work...

But its very hard to bring a project into it. Im thinking about getting a pro account host the images etc in their.

Does anyone else do that to help others trouble shoot it.

alwayz

Hi Dwayne,

Actually Codepen is a good option for that. Perhaps the only shortcoming is the fact that collections can't be set as private. I found that when I created a series of samples for a client, set all the codepens as private and sent Him the collection link. The response was kind of: Uhm Rodrigo, what samples you're talking about?, the collection is empty. So I had to send ALL the links which was a little cumbersome. Also asset management is not the best possible specially if you intend to move or change them a lot, deleting the assets is a bit of a drag (not GSAP Drag of course;)).

But in general I'd recommend you Codepen's pro account and it's usage to showcase your work to your clients, also now you can set up blog posts as well and their support is extremely good, again not GreenSock good but good enough :D.

Hopefully you'll find this helpful to make your decision.

Happy Tweening!!

• Like 1