Search Community

Dead area with "autoDeselct"

tomato test
Moderator Tag

I have a Flex4 project in which I am using TransformManager. Think of it as an "image collage" type app with a "canvas" area and tool and channel sidebars like in Photoshop.

The TransformManager "autoDeselect" property is set to true and I have added both sidebars to thr TM's "ignore" list. It mostly works ok except there is a "dead" area on one section of my canvas (a Spark Group element). This means that clicks in those areas does not trigger an autoDeselect. However if I have a "collage" element in that area, I AM able to select it – so it's confusing.

This is likely a "stupid Flex" problem than a TransformManager issue but I've been trying to debug this for hours and I haven't been able to identify what is eating the mouseClicks.

Question: Can someone point me to the function in TransformManager which processes mouse click events. I looked a bit at the source code and put in some trace statements but didn't gat any output. I am thinking that maybe Flex has created some invisible crap skin thing in the "dead" area which is part of one of the ignored sidebars– but I have no idea how t get at it.

Thanks!