Search Community

Split Text Some Letters Not Animating

celli test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hi celli  :)

You defined variables globally and re set again with another values before any tween creations ( variable like "chars" , "numChars" ) + you have syntax mistakes/issues in your code .

for next time pls provide Reduced Demo as possible .

• Like 1

Thanks Diaco.AW that was a big help! I fixed it and it works now :) Can you also point me in the right direction to where the code issues are ? It still works, but maybe I am not writing this in the best way...

The CodePen editor isn't the best place to try and figure this out because the error messages can be very vague, like "Google It". But click on the AnalyzeJS button where you add your js libraries. You have a comma where a semi-colon should be. If you want to see what's really wrong with your code, change the JavaScript preprocessor to Babel, and you will see that it won't compile because of global variables.

• Like 1