Search Community

Why can't I dod this simple animation with TweenLite

Nikolay test
Moderator Tag

Go to solution Solved by Carl,

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

• Solution

Hi and welcome to the GreenSock forums,

TweenMax.min.js includes nearly a dozen tools. Its meant to be a convenient way to load the core tools that you will need for animating the CSS properties of DOM elements.

I think you are looking at the un-compressed file size. When served properly (gzipped), the browser only downloads 33.7kb for everything in TweenMax

Y6u9Sw9.png

To save file size you could load only TweenLite.min.js, CSSPlugin.min.js and then convert your TimelineLite animation to a series of TweenLite tweens with delays.

You can get a list of all the script urls from our download overlay using the customize option

COvILwW.png

Here is your demo with just TweenLite, CSSPlugin and DrawSVGPlugin http://codepen.io/GreenSock/pen/eNWLgV?editors=101

Frankly, I think you are better off loading 1 slightly larger file than making additional server requrests.

Nice animation BTW.

Let us know if you need more help.

• Like 1