Search Community

easing Back

Sami Barasi test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Switching the order is unfortunately not a solution, because it's not my site. What ever that script does, it shouldn't matter while loading the greensock lib especially if I set the GreenSockGlobals option. I want to use Greensock for animating banners. For this I need to be sure not to interfere with scripts of any hosting sites and I also don't have the control of when or where my banners are loaded.

GSAP was built to be compatible with several different types of component systems like requirejs, AMD, and node. In order to do that, it looks for a "define()" function that's an industry standard for AMD/CommonJS systems and if it finds one (and as long as it has an "amd" property defined), GSAP will register/define its classes through that function. In your case, it looks like you had a script that created a define function and also had a "Back" class already registered, so when GSAP tried to register its "Back", an error was thrown. So it's not really a bug in GSAP or anything - it's just a consequence of another script having the define() function and already registering a "Back" module. 

To avoid the problem, you can simply reassign the "define" variable to null right before GSAP loads, and then assign it back to what it was after GSAP loads. Here's a corrected pen: 

http://codepen.io/anon/pen/WvjqBQ

Does that help?

• Like 2