Search Community

Help me GSAP authors!

dalisoft test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hi GSAP authors!

I'm need help, i maked tweening engine, Animo.js (github.com/dalisoft/animo.js - 2 branch (v2 and master v1). I Highly optimized the performance, but i dont know why i can't tween smooth than GSAP.

I have question, why TweenMax size too large??

Hi. Congrats on animo. 

TweenMax is somewhat large because it has a TON of features packed in. Remember, it contains TweenLite, TimelineLite, TimelineMax, CSSPlugin, BezierPlugin, AttrPlugin, and EasePack. It's made for people who want convenience and a super-robust tool. For those who are more concerned about file size, they can load individual files like TweenLite and CSSPlugin for example. 

These days, file size isn't nearly as important as it used to be, especially with browser caching and CDNs (plus internet connections are getting faster all the time). 

Were you asking us to analyze your source code and tell you how to make your engine as fast as GSAP? Perhaps I misunderstood your request, so I wanted to double-check before answering that part. We have indeed spent years refining the core to be super fast with all sorts of techniques.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...