Search Community

Which browser do i have to use?

Ryan Leenox test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hi guys, today morning i was reading the "get started page" on the GSAP web site, i was finding it really interesting, then i decided to try it. But as soon as i wrote my code and launched on google chrome, it didn't seem to work at all. Then i started wondering if there were some problems with my browser even because i tried the same code on CODEPEN () and it's working perfectly. So my question is, what to i have to do, to run the code on my browser? 

ps. I'm new here, this is my first post and i really hope this is the right section, these are the right topic tags, if not i'm really sorry about it.post-36694-0-24071200-1433283208_thumb.png

See the Pen EjWNRg by RyanLeenox (@RyanLeenox) on CodePen

The reason your code works on CodePen is because the JavaScript is placed right before the closing </body> tag, so the #tester element has already been created by the time your code executes. When you place your JavaScript in the <head> like that, the element doesn't exist yet, so your code isn't able to find #tester. If you're going to keep your JavaScript in the <head>, you're going to have to use one of the solutions Diaco shared.

Location matters...

See the Pen xGqgqY?editors=100 by osublake (@osublake) on CodePen

• Like 2