Search Community

IE8 Tweenlite

garumble test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hi and welcome to the GreenSock forums,

Are you saying the error is on that login screen?
Any chance you can create a reduced test case or use the uncompressed version of TweenLite (to help us better investigate the error).

Where can we see the actual TweenLite code you are using?

also I'm seeing that Modernizr isn't loading. 

• Like 1

Yes, it's the login page. I'm afraid I can't make a smaller test case since I can't isolate the issue. There is a call to TweenLite.to and somewhere in Tweenlite, it gets invalid argument in removeChild call.

I tried loading Modernizr and it didn't make any difference.  I also tried the latest version of Tweenmax from the CDN and it's even worse.  It gets so many javascript errors that I can't even run it with the debugger open.

If you can point me to an unminified version of the library, I can put it up for testing.

The call to TweenLite.to is in App.js on line 59.

can you try fixing line 59 so that opacity is either in the css{} object or remove the css{} entirely like

TweenLite.to($("#content_screen")[0], .5, { css: { width: "0px", opacity: 0}, delay: .5, ease: Quad.easeIn });
//or
 TweenLite.to($("#content_screen")[0], .5, { width: "0px", opacity: 0, delay: .5, ease: Quad.easeIn });

You can get the un-minified version of TweenMax from the public zip download or github from here: http://dev.greensock.com/forums/?download=js.GSAP

It sure seems like there's something else on that page causing the problems. I just tested IE8 with the latest TweenMax and it loads/works great. Zero problems. 

I noticed you've got several other scripts on the page BEFORE you load TweenMax - perhaps one of those is the culprit. I'd recommend maybe moving TweenMax up to the top of the page to see if loading it first exposes the problem(s) in the other scripts on your page. For example, if there's a wrongly-nested "}" or missing character or something, that could throw it all off. 

Unfortunately, we can't provide general troubleshooting of live projects here (we just don't have the resources), but if you have a specific GSAP question or a reduced test case you'd like us to look at that shows a GSAP-related problem, we'd be happy to take a peek. Again, all signs seem to point to another script on that page being the problem. 

• Like 2

I removed the scripts that preceded TweenMax except for jquery and it made no difference.  I was able to dig into it a little further and discovered that it's not the removeChild that's failing, it's an appendChild that precedes it.

I checked the number of children in the element and then stepped over the appendChild.  When I check the number of children after, it hasn't changed.  I changed the call to insertBefore(k, z.firstChild) and it worked.  Someone, somewhere must be overriding appendChild.

By the way, the failing function is only called for IE8.

It's working now, but it's a work around.

• Like 1