Search Community

delay and timing being ignored while using tlLite and ScrollMagic to scroll to section then animation in divs

shnnnhickman test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

I've been trying multiple different ways of setting up the animation sequence but something is off with the duration and delay on the tween. Please let me know what I've done wrong.

I'm trying to have a series of sections scroll in with a pinned child div for the text content and then have few divs animate in once the section is inView. But the autoAlpha and easing of the divs go by too quickly to be seen. Even when I set the delay and duration to 1000. 

It's easiest to see the whole sequence on my test page: flm.pushdesign.net 

I'm at a loss... I need your help. I'd be grateful for any suggestions.

Cheers,

Shannon 

See the Pen ?editors=110 by shnnnhickmans (@shnnnhickmans) on CodePen

Hi and welcome to the GreenSock forums,

Thanks for the demo. Unfortunately it appears you are linking to a lot of local javascript files and thus there are lots of errors and no animation to be seen.

In order to help you with questions related to the GreenSock animation forum its really important that you provide a very simple demo that clearly demonstrates the issue. It appears you tried to provide your full production code (which unfortunately we just don't have the time to dig into).

From you description of the problem I tend to think this might be something to with ScrollMagic and how it decides to trigger animations. Unfortunately I'm not intimately familiar with that API. You might have better luck filing your request with them https://github.com/janpaepke/ScrollMagic/issues 

I'm pretty sure they are going to want to see a very simple demo as well.