Search Community

Rough idea if possible fade out effect.

Lynx test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

I can't make up my mind over an animated effect, without showing code.

I want to create an effect in which a swirl fades as it swirls away to almost nothing, if an image would help, I can supply; the exception is I want a mask to play a role in how it appears to rotate away to nothing, sorta like a painterly effect.  I would greatly appreciate if someone can show me a very rough idea mentioned, to see wheather that is the direction I want to go if possible ?

Hello 

what i understood is you want to animate a DOM to fade away .This is very easily achievable by GSAP using

$(document).ready(function(){
        var logo = document.getElementById("logo");
        var tl = new TimelineMax();
        .to(logo,5,{scale: 0,opacity: 0});     //here i have assumed you have a logo div with id = logo and then in 5 sec it wil shrink to 0 smoothly fading away.You can add any effects you want in the options array such as rotation ,alpha.x ,y etc.

});

Thanks

Suppose you paint a circular paint stroke, you have a solid circular circle that looks as if it's been painted, this can be a SVG image or bitmap, now if this circular paint stroke was painted, what if it was erased or reversed, that is the effect I'm after ?