Search Community

hitting strange limitation with tinting images???

Nickbee test
Moderator Tag

I'm working on an air app that tinits a mosic of images.  The numbes are large and at some point I'm tinting up to 14k images. 

With stage size of 1920 x 1080 things are working great.  When I extend the stage size to 3840x1080 the same tinted images are behaving strangly.  Some of the images are tinting fine, others are tininting the image a solid color (as if my tint amout is 100%). 

I have tried all the render modes with the same results, and I don't think it's a computer issue as it behaves the same on laptop and supped up mac pro.  To be clear this app will multi screen which is why I am trying to run a single app at 3840x1080.  My fall back is to publish two seperate apps have have them comunicate to each other, but I'd like to avoid doing that. 

Any ideas? 

Thanks!

My best guess is that the Flash runtime is just overworked and is giving up.

From what I recall, tint operations are fairly expensive performance-wise to begin with.

I'm not terribly surprised that images with over 4 million pixels are having a little trouble. 

As a quick test I just created an fla that was 3840 * 1080, placed an image that size on frame1 and did a classic tween using tint for 60 frames.

When I exported, it quickly spiked the CPU on my MacBook Pro.

I can assure you that there is nothing we can do on our end to remedy this situation, and unfortunately I really don't have any good ideas about how you can optimize performance on your end. I wish I had better news for you.