Search Community

Fading and Rotating

Lynx test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

I have a few questions, considering I haven't touched GSAP in a while. 

As far as I'm aware, GSAP can do bluring effects, as well as animate objects/images on an arc or circular based motion.  Can it take an image and set the pivot based on the page layout; for example, suppose I have a circle, I want the circle to rotate around but I want the pivot at a specific point on the page, I assume I have to get the coordinates then tell GSAP where to place the pivot so the circle rotates smoothly ? Is it also possible when a page is scrolled vertically, if the circle was broken up into segments, when the circle and it's segments become out of view, they disappear, this maybe more or less CSS, not quite sure, typically I see this type of effect whereas when the page scrolls vertically, the next page, something, in this example; opens up, pops up, or what have you, you get the idea. :)

I plan on having overlapping, transparent images that make up a larger image that rotate to open up, when the page is scrolled vertically, whether by mobile or desktop.  I'm assuming there will be alot of tweening ? :)