Search Community

IE9 scale=1 flickers

shenning test
Moderator Tag

Go to solution Solved by GreenSock,

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Internet Explorer 9 flickers at exactly scale=1 when scaling a simple div from 0 to e.g. 1.3.

I created an example on codepen that works perfect on every browser except IE9 (9.0.8080 on Vista):

At scale 1 the given div flickers/stutters - hope one might help.

Thank you in advance!

See the Pen KpVgKp by anon (@anon) on CodePen

• Solution

That sounds like perhaps a browser-specific rendering issue, where a "normal" matrix (no scale, rotation, or skew) is handled differently by the browser. Just a guess. You could try just adding a tiny rotation or something, like rotation:0.01. Does that help? 

That solves the rendering problem. Thank you!!

Any idea what causes this problem? Would like to add Tweenmax.set(el,{rotation:0.01}) only to browsers that have given rendering issue. (something like if(true!==Modernizr.feature){Tweenmax.set(el,{rotation:0.01})} ...)

Honestly, this is the first I've heard of this issue, so I don't think it's widespread at all. It sounds like from your own research, it just happens in IE9. And again, it's not related to some odd thing GSAP is doing - it sounds like it's just a browser rendering algorithm thing where they handle things a bit differently when it's a "normal" matrix.