Search Community

transform manager for JS

Oleg test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

You guys are very experienced with all the challenges that come when you developing transform manager why don't you guys use the experience and develop JS version of TM? I would gladly license it instead of spending significant amount of time developing my own version. Do you have any plans for it?

I hear you, Oleg. And if I had a penny for every time someone asked us to port TransformManager to JS, I'd probably have at least half a dollar :)

I love the challenge. It's not for lack of interest, that's for sure. The reason we're not attacking that right now is because we have to be smart about resource allocation. We're trying to make the biggest impact for the widest portion of our audience and we're also trying to consider what the web needs MOST right now, tool-wise. Animation is a huge sore spot on the web in general - the tooling is terrible. We're laser-focused on improving that and empowering developers/designers to do awesome stuff without wanting to pull their hair out. 

We may eventually switch gears and work on TransformManager JS, but I can't imagine that'll happen anytime soon. We've just got too many ideas for the animation stuff that we're excited about.

I wish I had better news for you, but hopefully it gives you some comfort knowing that we're so committed to the animation stuff and we're not "easing" up anytime soon (sorry, couldn't resist the pun). :)

• Like 1

• 5 years later...

@SimonSays Nope, we're at 78 cents. Once we hit a dollar, we may do it. ;)

You're welcome to use Draggable, but of course that doesn't give you all the resizing/rotating capabilities baked-in. You could probably layer those on top if you'd like, but it's not something on our roadmap at this time. It just isn't what our core audience really seems to need; we're focused on giving them animation superpowers. That may take a lot more effort than you'd imagine :)  

• Like 2