Search Community

SVG Draggable bounds. Scale and Rotate

chriswyl test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hi,

I try to solve problem with setting up bounds params in Draggable. (SVG element)

This should work like this. This example has only Scaling

See the Pen DFEkx by amonk (@amonk) on CodePen

I tried to manually compute bounds to {minX,maxX,minY,maxY} using _gsTransform and scale, but when i rotate the object something bad work. 

See the Pen yydpYd?editors=101 by amonk (@amonk) on CodePen

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, I believe I figured out what the issues were:

1. You were linking to SUPER old versions of both Draggable and TweenMax.
  2. SVG elements don't report offsetWidth or offsetHeight like "normal" elements, so I had to implement a workaround in Draggable for the bounds to work properly
  3. You were defining a transform on the SVG using the transform attribute (rather than CSS style). Newer versions of TweenMax/CSSPlugin did allow for matrix() values there, but you used a translate().
  4. You didn't set preserveAspectRatio="none" style="background-size:100% 100%" on the <image> element, so there appeared to be a gap on the left and right edges since the aspect ratio of your image and the file you were loading didn't match. 

I uploaded preview versions of the upcoming release of TweenMax and Draggable and then forked your codepen and dropped the fixes into place:

http://codepen.io/GreenSock/pen/8cdb8566cb3082796212e15388adfac7/

Better? 

• Like 3